PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Surinam Amnesty for political murders: includes president Bouterse (prime suspect)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Surinam Amnesty for political murders: includes president Bouterse (prime suspect

Geography and lach of foreign knowledge and interest where it comes to Americans Wildguns? I'm holding back out of civility. Smugness when you yourself didn't know much about the Netherlands should indicate that there is a reason for concern. Though this is of more concern:

...fine.

Also:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12591413...raphic-smarts/

Some out-takes of the poll result:
Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 fared even worse with foreign locations: six in 10 couldn’t find Iraq, according to a Roper poll conducted for National Geographic.
While Israeli-Palestinian strife has been in the news for the entire lives of the respondents, 75 percent were unable to locate Israel on a map of the Middle East.
Fewer than three in 10 think it important to know the locations of countries in the news and just 14 percent believe speaking another language is a necessary skill.
See Wildguns, if I want to be condescending about US education, I have every right to.

Now back to the topic. No other opinions other than Warborn's? :/

Last edited by Figment; 2012-04-08 at 10:10 AM.