PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - command ranks (global spam and command abilities)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: command ranks (global spam and command abilities)

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
... but those who choose to "hear" you, will.
I hear planetside voices in my head...

Heh, just the way you worded that last part... sounded ominous

As for the command tree/ranks, etc. I simply can not wait to see how the"certs" for it are going to pan out. I hope, as do probably many others, that the "tree" is going to be synergistic with outfit implementation. Also, I am very very curious how the actual mechanics of "writing" a mission(s) will work...

I hope it is something akin to a large field that comes up, with a sidebar of mission types that are drag/droppable into slots to form a pyramid like mission structure. The top of the pyramid, of course, being the major goal, and the secondary / tertiary / ancillary missions being fixtures pursuant to the big finale at the top. Perhaps, even better, a map-placard with local points of interest being the slots, instead of a pyramid. Lots of interesting ways to do it...

Very curious to see the implementation... I hope it is doable on the fly, and not some tedious monster... where you cant see what needs to get done, and are totally removed from the "reality" of the scenario playing out. I really hope situational awareness is modeled into the mission generating scheme... There could be a small chat for mission writers at the bottom of the mission writing "screen" to facilitate coordination too.

We will not need a mass global chat method if this is done well.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!