PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tug-o-War Territory Capture Model
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ruwyn
Corporal

Re: Tug-o-War Territory Capture Model

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
While it's an interesting idea, I think it puts too much of an emphasis on player numbers. I may very likely be totally misunderstanding it, but the capture and hold, and llu systems both make it easier for smaller spec ops to go up against a larger force and succeed.

For example, I've seen a number of times where a small group saves a hack from going through by using a coordinated counter-attack (i.e. Gal drop) at the right time even though they were vastly outnumbered.
The way we currently understand it to work and with Malorn's suggestion, what you have described about resecures will most likely never work unless it is really close. The whole ticket thing just needs to go since right now you can theoretically capture a base while only controlling 1 capture point/node if you got a big enough jump on it. I don't see that as being fair if you are essentially pushed out of a base.

My suggestion basing it solely on time and making the CC still the primary focus allows a tug-o-war to happen at the beginning/middle of a fight for the territory and a hack and hold at the end. A win condition of holding at least 3 points/nodes (including the CC), when countdown reaches 0 would eliminate the control switch while only owning the CC during a recap attempt.