PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Subscription, One time payment, or both?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Pollo Jack
Corporal

Re: Subscription, One time payment, or both?

Originally Posted by Furret View Post
I'd like both; A subscription for constant things like 'ability to run an outfit', 'higher levels of advancement', 'class training while offline', etc.

But I'd also want to have one-time payment options for things like outfit emblems, character customization options.

There are perks that shouldn't be bought with one time payments because they're recurring, and the value diminishes if you don't play as much.
By the same token, paying a subscription in silly for an item that you only use once.
So you want to bring back Planet Side Reserves? Can't really market the demo version as F2P.

And Novaid, itsn't that a bit much on things to pay for? I think emblems are fine and all, but paying for a new one every time. Tossing in custom made logos with logos that no one else can use it a little hard to enforce. What is to keep someone from changing a color, adding a few pixels, or putting another empires initials on top?

I would also suggest straying from pay to organize. Teamwork is a much larger advantage than anything else in a game like Planet Side.

Last edited by Pollo Jack; 2012-04-19 at 12:23 PM.