PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Nvidia GTX 690 (May 3rd)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-01, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: Nvidia GTX 690 (May 3rd)

I don't understand your rant at all, Basti. SLI has demonstrated significant performance gains with modern titles, to the point that in some circumstances two cheaper SLi cards beat more a more expensive single card in $/frame rate. nVidia and developers do a reasonably good job at supporting it in major titles these days.
Perhaps you haven't been paying much attention since you got that 280? (I just went from a 275 to a 570 this past winter, nice card)
Really, you've offered no reason nVidia's current cards suck except "they can't put a card together" which really isn't a reason that stands up to scrutiny unless you elaborate.

Personally I'm a fan going single-card, simply for efficiency/sound level reasons, and my opinion on the 690 is above, honestly it applies to the 680 too. The highest end cards have always been "excess" for people with more money than brains and "professionals".
I see no reason the mid-range cards in the 600 series are going to suck, 650-670.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2012-05-01 at 09:04 AM.