PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Customization Woes
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Customization Woes

Originally Posted by Shlomoshun View Post
For a FTP game model, retention of players who aren't into customization probably isn't what they are actually shooting for...Those players require servers to support and do very little to pay for them. It's sad, but that's the business model they are using so in some sense, if you want the game to succeed, and you are strongly on the side of FTP not meaning any sort of Pay-to-Win (and really, who isn't on this side), you've got to be willing to embrace an ever growing level of customization as a necessary evil for them to provide in order to sustain the game.
Which is why you sell the ability to pick and choose which customizations to hide and show for a one time fee of lets say $15.00. I'd pay it if it meant I could further customize the game to my liking by excluding the customizations I find jarring and unsuited to Planetside.

Having such an option would also allow them to go further with the customizations they do have for sale, making them even more out there and diverse to suit more player's sometimes absurd tastes. Don't like them? Well, you have the option to hide them, you just have to pay a little bit yourself.