PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Whats the purpose in this game?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-05, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Stew
Major

Re: Whats the purpose in this game?

Originally Posted by Corax View Post
stew..... say what now?
I think you basically said that for you having epic and amazing fights is what the game is all about for you....

As for the OP.... Yes PS2 will have a purpose, simply put it will be to drive the enemy back, and force them to give up any land they have taken from you. The purpose will be to kill and keep on killing while taking all the possible real estate there is on Auraxis. The goal here is to take and own everything that the enemy owns, and force them to admit to defeat.

You WIN when you have taken every conquerable piece of Auraxian soil. You WIN when you look at the map and see that the other 2 Empires have nothing but a measly foothold on any given continent.

You know you WIN when you realize you won and you don't need the words "YOU WIN" flashing across the screen.

Its actually fairly straightforward. Take everything and don't give anything up. When you own everything, sit back, take a screen shot, and enjoy the feeling of complete and utter triumph as you realize you have accomplished something truly difficult.

Now actually making all that happen is a whole 'nuther story .

Edit: Thought of the day: Does one need to be told they have won to know they have truly won?
Do you realise whats u said ? I dont think so !

If the 2 others empire like u said have to be compleatly wipe out what will be the goal for those people IF as u seams to say are to BAD to take over the dominant empire ?

Theyre will be no goal at all and the game will Not be fun and the game will die !

You (( win )) everytime you sucessfully capture a strategic spot everytime thats u suceed by taking a base a bridge a regions or ressource for ur empire but also sometime denied ur ennemies to get the one they need !

The ultimate domination is stupid and not fun !

The fun is having the figth change from an area to anothers etc..

Whats will be the purpose of the dominant empire in ur (( ULTIMATE DOMINATION SENARIO )) ???

Base raping ? red line camping ? it will be as boring on both side and what will be the purpose of all the based of all the regions if all the figth left are at the 2 others empire foothold ?

All thos awesome terrain to figth will have no more purpose we will figth in the same 1 square km all the time having millions of ressource and denying the ennemies to have some at 100 %

thats ultimate domination senario is a Joke and its impossible to achive ! If the game is NOT BALANCE and one empire is to dominant people will start to quit and THE GAME WILL DIE !

Do you understand thats ?

The purpose of the game is taking as much territory as u can but the regions must be taken and take back our empire strategies have to be focused on whats regions is more profitable for us to hold Not on wipping everyones from the maps !

EX: is their any purpose to play BF3 with 32 players waiting at the ennemies spawn line ? It will be boring for the atackers and for those who are trap in the spawn most of them will quit and the game will be BORING AS HELL !

Planetside is a war game the thing thats make it really fun is the confrontation not the base raping so yeah !

If their is a single empire who dominate at this point thats will mean thats the game and players based are pretty unbalenced and the game will suffer or die from it !

And what will be my personal goal ? It will be COMPLEAT MY MISSION AND SUCCEED BECAUSE FOR ME FAILURE IS NOT A OPTION !

eVERYTIME I WILL suceed my mission my goal of the day or week it will always be a victory for me and my empire i dont need to hold the entire land for absolutly NO real purpose but saying we have all the map in blue yeah !! and whats ? where are the amasing figth ? where are the amasing strategies the multiple bases bridge and tower figth ?

think twice dude Ultimate domination is a joke for fanatiks in my opinions

My empire will be the ritchers and we gonna get rich by holding the very territory thats we need to get the most ressource out of it after thats if the regions do not worth it strategically or ressource wise i do not care who own it until its come back as a profitable regions to hold this is how you dominate in planetside the richers are the winners

Last edited by Stew; 2012-05-05 at 08:18 AM.