PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Customization Woes
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Customization Woes

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
If everyone in your platoon is wearing different camo then yes, I agree, that's not the same feeling compared to them all looking identical. Less feeling of being a team. However, given that selling camo is a mainstay of the economics of the game then it's gonna happen.
I'm not arguing against it happening, I'm simply saying that we should have even more options. Options which I am absolutely willing to pay for to help make them more economically viable.

I have no idea from a technical perspective how hard it would be to have an "ignore player appearance customisation" option, but my guess would be that it would greatly increase the computation load since the server would have to check for everyone who can see a given camo if they wanted to actually see it or not then change the displayed frame accordingly.
No offense, but if you honestly have no idea from a technical perspective on these matters then you really shouldn't be making guesses such as that. I'll admit my lack of knowledge about how it would affect things as well and, rather than try to come up with an an admittedly ignorant counter-perspective on it, I'll just leave it at that.

It's not up to me to decide if it's possible, just to put the idea out there. The only ones who know how Forge Light and the servers would be able handle it is the developers, so lets leave the debate on the technical possibilities up to them, alright?

Sorry, but it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people mention things outside the scope of their perspective as if it could be a fact.

It won't be the end of the world, though, as Higby said early on that preserving the silhouette of a class is important, so once we're outside close-range draw distance all will look good, and we'll be able to recognise friend from foe at least.
Not saying it'll be the end of the world, just that I feel a certain bit of what made Planetside what it was will feel gone to me, and I'd like to have the option to reclaim that.

Last edited by LostAlgorithm; 2012-05-06 at 03:31 AM.