PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - who to fight for?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Johari
Staff Sergeant

Re: who to fight for?

Why did I make the choice I did to go with VS? Basically first impression gameplay back in beta.

It started off when I jumped onto my brothers beta account when he wasn't looking. I spawned in the basement of a tower and just ran outside not knowing anything. As I exit the doors I see a little man across a bridge and I pull out the first weapon that I could figure out how to get. Out comes a TR repeater and I plink away at the soldier in the distance. After a disappointing 2 magazines I run back inside and log out. Never saw my character but I never wanted to shoot that weapon again.

I try another server and BOOM! suddenly I'm surrounded by noise and I see soldiers in sleek purple armor running by me in tight corridors. I try to follow but I'm slow as hell but I see a nice giant gun where my arm should be so I follow the crowd. Tunnel slopes up and I see bodies of the men who ran passed as someone marked red comes jogging down the tunnel and open fire. I return the favor as a hail of laser fire jets out of my arm. As his body turns into a coffin I just keep walking and shooting in the the open doorway and room. I cut down another 2 invaders before I get taken down myself. As the camera cirlces around my body of who I am. A giant in purple scales with a gun for an arm looks back at me while bullet tracers and laser beams streak across my screen. That moment only lasted 20 seconds or so but in that time I had found my home.

Who knows what might have happened if that first TR try was more action and not the disappointment it was, who knows what would have happened if I had gotten NC first but by luck I had a great experience with the VS and that what I stuck with. For you, I'd recommend giving all of the empires a chance but go with what kind of gameplay/weaponry you like most and then by looks.

P.S. the VS AV weapon was boss