PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - from a pilot: your all going to die.... allot.
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-23, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SixShooter
Captain

Re: from a pilot: your all going to die.... allot.

Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
Actually mate, I don't think it'll be as bad as that. If you look at the Night Ops footage, as TB gets in a Mag he shoots down the CEO with extreme ease. Even if he had been getting hit before, that Mag rider easily took it out, and that gun isn't even the most effective AA weapon in the game.

I think the balance is ok so far
This

Originally Posted by IMMentat View Post
I can't see the passive repairing being that fast, maybe 1-2% per second, the tooltip said it disables for a few seconds on being shot, so even the average dirty faced ground pounder with a pistol and a steady aim could mess with your day.

That leaves plenty of time for the real AA to clear the skies or frighten off the newly squishy aircraft. IMO better to have 60-90 seconds of peace (while some fool pilot hidees/runs away scared) than killing someones plane and seeing them 30 seconds later (respawn plus some traveltime) as another body trying to wedge open the base-door)
I totally agree. The more time that they spend running away to repair is less time that they are actually spending shooting at anyone.