PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Religion
Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #651
MadPenguin
Sergeant

Re: Religion

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
How do I know there is more to the universe? It's very simple, we have ALWAYS been wrong in EVERYTHING we've done; including the knowledge of the universe.
If we have always been wrong about everything, then we have NEVER been right about ANYTHING. So in other words, since we claim the Sun exists and we are wrong about everything, you have to defend the claim the Sun doesn't exist is order to maintain intellectual honesty. Are you going to try and defend this stance you've taken?

However, lets say for arguments sake we have in fact always been wrong about everything, this still doesn't mean "God done it". You are creating a false dichotomy whereby either science has the answer or God did it. The proponents of Thor and Poseidon no doubt argued along a very similar line to you. So here's how you know your logic is wrong: other people have used the exact same line of logic and it has led them to incorrect conclusions.

This is very simple and it is very un-complex. We.... DID not.. come from nothing
This is why you're not a scientist, we don't know this for sure, how do you know how a plane of nothingness operates? If you want to claim that there is nothing that can come from a state of nothingness then you need to explain fully how this state operates and exactly what property it is that prevents anything from arising from this state. For example how do we know quantum mechanics doesn't exist in a different way in such a state. Now of course I'm not saying quantum mechanics definitely exists in this state, I'm saying we have no idea if it does or not. So while we remain ignorant how about we don't make claims to certainty.

And even if it didn't come from a state of something, this still doesn't mean God is the only answer, unless your willing to use the line of "logic" that i talked about above.

Last edited by MadPenguin; 2012-06-03 at 07:46 AM.