PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Religion
Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #680
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Religion

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
It's getting quite ridiculous with the comparisons now. Duke is possibly a troll, possibly has a damaged brain, possibly someone who can't handle alcohol, and possibly just very dumb, or a combination of all. If any of these things could even be considered crimes, they wouldn't even come close to massacring 6 million **** or raping a kid.
That's the thing. You don't get the nuance. You automatically default the godwinning by going for the order of a supposed crime. I was talking about the mental state of Hitler excusing his capacity to make a choice, what he actually did is irrelevant for the comparison: he had the capacity to make a choice and made irrational choices, next to complex strategic choices.

I'm saying both he and Duke are well aware of the choice they make, they just don't want to see the rationale behind those choices aren't exactly... "well done". They're both caught in irrational logic, fear and anger.

I can't muster sympathy for either of these trains of thought, which they are fully in control of, but too biased and self-important to actually apply correctly, objectively and fairly.

So no Elcyco, not every comparison with WWII is a Godwin. That's you being biased and making yourself off easy with not having to deal with the rationale behind the argument.

Why do you think I chose that? Because I knew you would go for the godwinning default defense (seen you do it before). That's a choice to ignore input, it's not because you've been wired wrong.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-06-06 at 05:50 PM.