PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Eyefinity and Surround Vision Support?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
WNxThentar
Sergeant

Re: Eyefinity and Surround Vision Support?

Originally Posted by PeteHMB View Post
Personally, I fully agree with you. If I could play Planetside 2 on a full size 15 foot parabolic simulator screen with a 270 degree field of view, I would. But I settle for a single monitor setup with an awesome surround sound system because as you said, the audio is a huge advantage. Multiple monitors just isn't as practical to me. However, I have no issue whatsoever with someone who feels like spending their money on that particular setup playing with a wider field of view. Being able to see a little more may mean they're less likely to be blindsided, but either way you have the advantage of surprise if you're attacking them with anything other than a knife. Faster internet connection, faster GPU/CPU, more RAM, less alcohol...there's a wide variety of factors and advantage/disadvantages that factor into who kills whom. Drink up and play on!
3 monitor setup are fairly cheap now. 2 of my 3 monitors on my main system are 24" and only cost $150 each. It would be a bit more costly for me run a 5 monitor setup because I'd need about $500 more worth of equipment...maybe more if my 1,000w power supply wasn't enough for 3 graphics cards.

Honest 3 monitor set ups for gaming aren't going to be far off the norm...the biggest problem is probably desk space :P

This are my 2 gaming systems right now.