PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Footholds Archetypes: "Food for Thought"
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-14, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Re: Footholds Archetypes: "Food for Thought"

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The lack of a lattice adds more freedom, but the territory control system is not a free-for all by any means. Depending on how important adjacent territory is it could be nearly the same result as the lattice only not tied strictly to bases. Front lines are important and they'll move back and forth as population and attacks shift along the lines, but it won't be drastic day-to-day like we saw in PS1 where you might not fight on a continent for several days, even weeks because it was just too far away or well-held by the empire that had it. The shift will move from less about continents and more about territories on each continent.
As I said, back-capping in enemy territory is just going to depend on how difficult they end up making the act of doing so. People seem concerned about frontlines not moving because of the idea that you HAVE to assault one of a handful of bases that exist on where two differently colored territories meet, and the enemy knowing this can always be prepared for any assault.

I'm saying that's not really the case when your attacks can happen anywhere you want (especially if you fly along the coast and attack coastal bases). AGAIN: This is heavily dependent on how difficult they make it for you to cap inside enemy territory, and is compounded by you being effectively surrounded and (depending on spawn mechanics) where you are not easily reinforced.

It is depressing to think that the hexes near an enemy's sanctuary will just NEVER be seen due to how not viable it is to even attempt to attack them. But really, it's more difficult than I care to ponder right now on how to make that not happen and still be fair to the guys who control the area when they're fighting several kilometers away.