PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Religion
Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #782
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Religion

Zolan, I think the only person who is misinterpreting you is you at this point.

There is no such thing as a religion called Atheism, it's why we don't capitalize its first letter, because there's only atheism. It doesn't exist. Period. You can talk about religious Humanism/secular Humanism as organized movements with an ethical code etc and you seem to be talking about that as well, but it doesn't seem to me you really comprehend that they are not the same thing and are confusing it with something else entirely.

When you talk about atheism, you talk about EVERY SINGLE VERSION OF ATHEISM at the same time. Nobody by their right mind would EVER agree with you suggesting this is becoming a religion of its own because the very definition of atheism is the exact opposite and CANNOT be a religious movement.

You defined atheism very poorly for yourself, because you confuse it with a self-created illusion called Atheism. Please, if you want to discuss a religious movement lacking gods, refer to actual religions (or as some would say, a "stance at life") like Bhuddism or Humanism.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-06-16 at 05:48 AM.