PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What are your concerns about ps2?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Karrade
First Sergeant

Re: What are your concerns about ps2?

I liked alot about the vids, but in order of eye twitchingness

1, Some places are pointless to defend. Why stay in them to defend if attack is much more effective. Sounds good on some levels, but it also means you'll have people just shifting around to more effective/easier fights.

Suggestions to encourage a good fight around one base:
A) Heavier CE Walls/PillBoxes/Wire/Traps/Fortifications that can be built. B) The base increases shield/walls/turrets - its own defenses if people PAY resources into it. Nice resource Sink too.

2, Squad Leader Spawn anywhere, roofs, behind defenses, next to the cap point, etc. Makes point 1 all the more highlighted in its present implementation. - It's simply too powerful and rewards attacking above and beyond the open layouts which already reward it.

3, Jumping out of vehicles with AV equipped - Just cheap tactics, making 2x solo play more powerful than a heavy tank/aircraft etc. Why have one vehicle, when you can have two who can flank you (rear armor is more vulnerable), that can carry on the fight even when they no longer have a tank, and immediately so! Also shooting planes down with AV when you bail just seems meh - I wish I had a better way of putting it, how about: not entertaining for pilots who like to dogfight

4, The UI spam needs to be configurable, transparency/size etc.

5, The main battletanks seem too weak, hopefully certs give the armor some hardiness. As with more players than the videos have, you'll last about 5 seconds, it was already quite flimsy in the vids.

Last edited by Karrade; 2012-07-11 at 08:43 AM.