Thread: Holsters
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-02, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Holsters

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Not so much in PS2 when you can tell from their armor which class are they, which only really leaves a few options as to what they could be carrying.
Didn't they say that their can be multiple roles within each class as well? Like the HA for example. The HA could carry his Regular LMG weapon and his AV or he could have his Empire specific Heavy Assault weapon that they're rumored to have (MCG, JH, Lasher).

Say you're a lighting and you see a HA with his MCG equipped, so you think it's safe to go in for the kill. Instantly he pulls out his AV weapon and blows you up. You had no idea that he had an AV weapon. Granted, you should probably be weary of HA's in the first place since there's always a possibility that they could have AV, but still. Being able to know by looking at the person's weapons that are holstered on him would make a huge difference.

I'm just saying, it seems like a step backwards, considering we had this feature in PS1, then 9 years, a whole new engine later we can't have this feature? I guess another compromise they could implement is make classes look visually different depending on what kind of weapons there using.

Back to the HA, if he has an AV weapon on his loadout give him sort of a blast shield or something that would visually make sense for someone with AV weapons to have. If he's using an MCG, give him a bandolier so you can visually tell what he has and what he's capable of.

If it's really that hard to add holstered weapons to game, adding a subtle visual cue on each classes armor depending on their weapon loadout can't be that out of reach can it?

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON

Last edited by Death2All; 2012-08-02 at 03:03 AM.