PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SmedBlog (last year): NPC Enemies and Armies
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-12, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Re: SmedBlog: NPC Enemies and Armies

Yah, I still don't like the idea of AI military units.

Base defense turrets sure and deployable turrets maybe but the combat I feel should always remain between players. Defense turrets would require more than just a couple lone-wolfers being able to start capping a base away from combat... helps reinforce strength of defending.

I think AI could be implemented in other ways, such as the passive transport and mining units related to your other idea. Supply lines/harvesters on the other hand pull defenders out of the base forcing them to have more active defense lines (the better base defenses helping facilitate this spreading out)

Also wildlife and maybe (hopefully rare) alien invasion events wouldn't seriously distract from the game as the former is mostly just scenery and potentially adding to environmental hazards (also a great addition) and the latter would simply be more of an exception than the norm.

I also don't see much need for custom scripting.... as cool as it is in concept, it just seems to risky to exploitation