PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SmedBlog: eSports Support
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
sgtbjack
Corporal

Re: SmedBlog: eSports Support

Originally Posted by Rat View Post
I dont see how WOW areana affected the core game. I didnt do much arena, but I didnt give a crap that others were into it.
Step 1, create e-sports=people who want to compete in smaller scale fights, do, but then, they start to complain that they should be given rewards for it

Step 2. give in, and create a reward system for e-sports=now everyone that wants to be competitive starts doing them even if they hate them(faster matches, equals faster rewards, and titles given? Should some group of 4 players that own in their 4 man group get rank over people that fight for continents? I'm worried you would start to get leaders that can't lead, but are great at playing 18 hours a day. You know, those guys that only lose because everyone else sucks, but they are leet.

Step 3. World pvp fizzles out(which is ok in WoW, but in planetside? Doesn't that seem very counter productive to what makes this game?

I haven't played WoW, nor would I, this is just the crap I've always read again and again on forums. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but all I've ever heard about e-sports is that its only for personal achievement, and group play becomes fractured.

in short EVE e-sports=good, doesn't effect anything
WoW e-sports=I will hold off on playing till about 6 months in, to see how the games holding up

Last edited by sgtbjack; 2012-08-14 at 04:24 PM.