PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Personal PS2 Epiphany
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-07, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Re: Personal PS2 Epiphany

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
*Quoted is a cookie cutter reply that confirms lack of interest is justified and it's better to move on for a PS1 player as it insinuates the PS1 player is somehow obsolete and won't find what he or she seeks in PS2: PS2 intentionally does not fulfill the promise of a PS1 remake/sequel despite deliberately suggesting this by sharing its name and it is actually less developed/deliberately more shallow than or different from PS1, so you'll either have to accept that or move on and never see what you feel constitutes as a proper PS1 remake/sequel*

THAT is what any PS1 vet that's not happy with PS2 reads into this reply.

So that's NOT the type of reply you want to give. Trust me on this one... I can't actually believe people say "it's a new game" and think it constitutes an argument and worse, think it will convince anyone from PS1 who has concerns about PS2 that PS2 is or ever will be a decent successor. This is one of the reasons PS1 vets become "bitter", as these same people put it.

So stop it sunshine, you're ruining the experience for returning players with a higher expectancy pattern than yours even if you don't realise it and think you're giving a motivational boost.
Please provide a perfect example of the reply that should be given that will make 'bitter' PS1 vets fall in love with the game.

...please?