PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NO Paypal service AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-20, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Crunchynut
Private

Re: NO Paypal service AGAIN

Originally Posted by TheStigma View Post
Is there any way to check if your debit-card will have this issue? (short of just trying to order) ?

I talked to my bank via online-chat and they couldn't really give me a definite answer despite recognizing the situation.

Basically making sure that lots of European players simply CAN'T give their money to SOE sounds like a very poor business strategy... I would very much like to see Paypal as an option too. Using creditcards online is very 2008

-Stigma
Which bank ?

I'm with the Halifax ( in the UK ) and my Visa Debit card worked fine ( bought the 6 month recurring package ) .

The thing is , it really isn't SOE's fault that certain banks don't like their CC authorisation system .

But i do agree it is odd they don't allow recurring subs via Paypal , as Paypal has the functionality to set up subscriptions . Apart from the games mentioned things like server rental use the same recurring subscription system , and work fine via Paypal .

Hopefully they will look into it and fix it soon for those who's banks are " awkward " .