PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-17, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
SGTalon
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat

Originally Posted by ThePackage View Post
Capturing a base should be in the battle, not standing around an "A" for 10 minutes. If I'm going to be standing around a letter for 5-10 minutes, give me something to do. Place objectives in towers with AA, AV, and AI turrets. Push them out of boring bases with no purpose and into useful areas. Turning a point gives you access to those benefits. Allow certain objectives to provide spawning, and give defenders a reason to defend certain targets.
You know. It is actually a bit better than the capture mechanics for the Hack and Hold bases in PS1. There you had to stand around for 15 minutes. I seem to recall setting up and standing around for 15 minutes doing absolutely nothing just in case someone busted in to recap.

So it isn't all that bad. So far there has not been much in the way of organized assaults on bases on the Waterson server. I have yet to come across an actual defense setup at any time that I have been attacking... or defending a base. Not like it was in PS1 anyways.

Virtual Hitmen - www.vhm.guildlaunch.com

TR for Life!