PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-17, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Re: Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Just for the record, if lattice or sanctuaries were brought up it wasn't by me. I did talk about how a true intercontinental conquest via connected warpgates would come once we had the right number of continents to support it, as well as that a more robust tutorial and training area akin to the PS1 VR training was in the works. To be clear, there are no plans to add a PS1 style "lattice" system or sanctuaries to the game....
The hex system would be fine if you make a few tweaks. i still stand by my stance that if they slowed the sunderer spawns just a bit making defense spawn more often that solves half the problem. Then you can defend almost at a 1:2 ratio much more making it so you can spread out among different points.

Also, make it so you can choose base spawns further away so you can get to the defensible locations from a larger region.

next, having vehicles etc. cost more or have a shorter cool down timer the further from the warp gate. This makes the teams that are pushed (most likely because of population issues) they can spawn more vehicles from the gate and push back the zerg. This also makes tech plants more valuable for the attacking teams.

Finally, lets make it so that continents can be a bit more level. If any team has more than 10% over population they should enter a queue or have it so that their vehicle cool down timers are increased by the amount of over population. Cool down timers are really the only thing that mean much to the vehicle spammers not XP.

Last edited by Rahabib; 2012-12-17 at 03:28 PM.