PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Crowd control: How to tame the Zerg in Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Re: Crowd control: How to tame the Zerg in Planetside 2

What else can I say? I play on Jaeger. I have about 53 hours played total on my TR character and maybe 20? on my NC.

Out of those 73 hours played, I have either:

1) been part of a zerg or playing on the outskirts of one as it sweeps across the continents, or

2) been part of 10% population my faction has on a particular continent, trying not to pick off more than I can chew.

I don't know if you consider 70 ish hours "enough" time to have an opinion, but if I didn't expect the gameplay to change with future updates/patches, then I wouldn't keep playing. Because ALL I have seen in 70 hours is ZERG facing insignificant resistance, from both ends of the stick.

Zerg by definition, in its roots as a Starcraft "race", is overwhelming with sheer numbers. I can't possibly see how you'd convince me that population imbalances on a continent isn't tied to the "zerg"?

The way it plays out on my server, is each continent has a different color zerg. You choose to fight against it, be part of it, or play "near" your faction's zerg. I don't see any other choices.

I'm not part of any big Outfit, but it's blatently obvious where the zergs are. If some Outfit is looking for tactical play, why don't the Zergs face off against each other instead of just dominating their one contient? The reality seems like pretty good evidence for my "generic" assumptions on zergs.

I do applaud your efforts to try and find ways to fight. I suppose I've just become cynical and don't expect it to happen unless the game mechanics force the issue.

Last edited by Kerrec; 2013-01-07 at 10:57 PM.