PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

All good news to me.

Better visibility of defense XP might encourage players to defend more, especially as you can now access the main facility safely thanks to tunnels and a redisigned spawn building. Coupled with lower XP gains and respawn invulnaribility, these could all reduce the occurence of spawncamping.

At the very least, it will make it more profitable for defenders if they manage to kill a spawncamper or two, who will presumably be worth a lot more XP than said defender!
-e-
Come to think of it, if this isn't an incentive to go to great lengths to take down a spawncamping liberator, I don't know what is. Even in a suicide run, imagine the big bonus for taking the bird down.
-e-

I'm curious to see what the SMG's are all about (perhaps usable by Infiltrators?).

@gunshooter: PS2 already has carbines and IRL SMG's are not carbines. But I do agree with you to an extent, I'd like to see how they will fit in with what already exists in the game.

They're taking what the community says into account, even if they appear to fail to address all the concerns (some which I don't necessarily share, but that's not my point). I certainly don't expect them to fix everything in a single stroke, nor would I agree with such an approach. It's a start, and that's what's important to me.

Last edited by Dodgy Commando; 2013-01-09 at 04:04 AM.