PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

It seems like a good set of fixes (much better than the first one) with one major oversight that can render all the positives moot: no faction balance

Faction imbalance is the cause of the continental/server imbalances and migration. If one factors in the new server transfer token/service, then how long will it take before the servers are stacked 60-20-20? And how long before they can undo this server damage?

I also like changes they are making to the spawnroom exits and roofs since they are on my wishlish in the forum debates . That will definitely alleviate much of the spawnroom camping that's taking away the normal back-and-forth battles should be the norm in any balanced fights.

Lastly, the resuscitation invulnerability - as many has already pointed out in the official forum - will be a source of gamely exploitations. Imo, they should limit the invulnerability to fresh respawns. Or at the very least, only allow weapon/mines/grenades/c4 use 3-5s after invulnerability wears off because if not, i'd expect multiple or coordinated, rez and suicide bombing if this goes through.