PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Drakkonan
Corporal

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

As Higby stated, it looks like they went after the low hanging fruit first, which is why I found it surprising that they're implementing dynamic xp so quickly. I just hope they realize it's going to need tuning, and continually modify values based on player abuse and trends.

And I'll repost my official forum response....since the goal of these posts is to get dev attention and thus, changes:

"UI changes to emphasize score per minute as a primary metric of player comparison"

I was really afraid of this. SPM works as a session stat, because you remember how you played in any given session, but as a persistent stat, over the life of a player, in a non-round-based game it serves absolutely no purpose. We shouldn't be driven to get straight to the fight to boost our SPM when staying in the sanctuary longer to form up with our outfits would actually be more effective. Just face it; There's no stats that accurately measure effectiveness. Just list them all (including SPM, if you'd like), and don't give precedence to any of them.

Overall though. I'm very impressed. I didn't think they were paying attention to the colorblind complaints, but I see they're making dynamic minimap colors. I'm not colorblind, but bravo and delta colors need to be changed.