PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Impending Magrider Nerf.
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: The Impending Magrider Nerf.

Originally Posted by Archonzero View Post
Uh, Chip that's exactly why Magriders (good ones) opt to engage from long range.. also part of the Vanu faction strength, long range + mobility.

Second, mobility + ABoost is our only survival key in open warfare. We cannot "hull down" to use terrain as a shield for operating our maingun. This is most likely why the SARON seems so powerful to other factions, if we do hull down. It's the only weapon in which we can attack back with, which effectively reduces our attack strength down to 1/3. HRB rounds does 1/2 dmg when compared to a maingun round. So again if you think the SARON is OP lay off the crack pipe.

Another person spoke up about Mag pilots with Sarons, most magriders run with 2/2 an are fitted as TANK HUNTERS. That is our outfitted primary role, killing armor. Not HE spamming infantry. Any Prowler/Vanguard fitted for tank hunting operations an seated with 2/2 is just as effective.

I have a fitted AT, Vanguard on my NC toon an it does incredibly well against 2/2 Magriders, even when I operate it solo. The heavy shield is very handy, shot placement an movement prediction when facing a magrider is key to success.
I know. My comment was about disproving that a good Vanguard player will always win against a good Magrider player. Which is just silly because of that very reason.

I only rarely saw anyone trying to hull down and there's only so much space to go around to allow for that tactic in large scale engagements. Basing the design around wanting players to hull down is just a bad idea, especially because of Esamir.
I don't believe that the Prowler has somehow become just as overall effective as the Vanguard and the Magrider since my absence. You have to get very close for the Vulcan to be effective and the recoil on the main cannons haven't been tweaked yet. So it can still be a pain to land both rounds.

It was the most powerful secondary weapon at the time when I stopped playing. It was a sniper. If that's has changed then ok.

Vanguards are great tanks, no question about it. I don't believe that they are as overall effective as the Magriders, but pretty darn close. I've never really used the Vanguard, only the Magrider and Prowler. So I'll defer to your experience on the matter of the Vanguards effectiveness.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-01-26 at 07:48 AM.