PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How recoil and attachments seem to really work.
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Re: How recoil and attachments seem to really work.

I have to say that I don't really understand attachments like the foregrip or the compensator. I mean, how often do you shoot at a stationary target for a prolonged time?

Based on my play experience, a stationary target is easy to kill. If they are close, you spray and who cares about recoil. If they are far, you burst and adjust for recoil on a burst by burst basis. Don't really have issues keeping on target because of recoil. And this happens rarely (non moving targets) in the larger scheme of things.

The majority of my time, I have to lead or follow a moving target. That means I am automatically compensating for recoil, as I continue to adjust my aim to stay on target. So what is a foregrip or compensator giving me? A minute amount of distance on screen that I don't have to adjust for? Personally, I couldn't even tell the difference if I recoil compensated a little bit or a bigger bit. I'm tracking my target anyway.

The only attachment I've found useful is the laser sight. And only when I force myself not to ADS out of habit.

Maybe I'm not using weapons that have enough recoil? I've used all the TR and NC stock weapons, and now that I've unlocked the Jaguar, I use mostly that while LA or Engineer.