PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Friday Night Ops, Tunnels and SMGS Feb 1
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Friday Night Ops, Tunnels and SMGS Feb 1

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
I said this in chat during the stream and I'll say it here.

The 1st pass on tunnels is just defender only, we are trying to see how they play. What the players do, how they use them. After we have that info we can look into more tunnels, different tunnels, attacker tunnels etc. Just remember this is the first iteration.

You guys were beta players, you saw many first iterations on lots of things, you also saw us systematically tune and tweak first iterations to become better versions.

Hopefully this clears things up about the tunnels.
The only thing I am disliking atm is jumppads there (not gravlifts). But not from the functionality point of view, but from the point of view of immersion. They make it feel to Q3ish. The tunnels doesn't seem to be very lengthy, so I see no real point in having a jumppad net there.

As for the inner visual designs - they will change, I think we all understand that.

Also - important question - can I AVOID using jumppads? Because it'll be rather hard to gather up for a push, if you are forced into pad-bumping.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-02-01 at 06:58 PM.