PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Friday Night Ops, Tunnels and SMGS Feb 1
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Friday Night Ops, Tunnels and SMGS Feb 1

...Why go through all these lengths of making a tunnel if you could do the same with a subteranean teleporter exit?

I mean... Really? They want us to playtest this now to see how we'd use it?

Again with the "no idea what I'm getting into LOL"-one-way-committed-to-certain-campdoom elevator exits.

FFS... It's like they do this on purpose! >_<'

"Defender tunnels", "Attacker tunnels"? We just want a tunnel complex containing all important generators, defendable entry points, CQC room to room fighting till they drive us all the way back to the spawnroom and SCU. A spawnroom which can easily get you to all sides of the base equally fast, simply by being centralised. Simply an infantry bufferzone where the HE spam from outside is not going to get them the base!

Note the logistical line to CC is still eons shorter for attackers... This does almost nothing for defense beyond what a Sunderer in the vehicle bay already did - just takes longer to get there. Sure, if you get a group of people post-hack, drop the spawns and get through the tunnels - you might catch someone by surprise. But they'd see you get into the spawn room from miles away if it's a big group and even then you'd be hardpressed to do something about the attacker's hold who already were in a position to get to the SCU in the first place: they'll just drop it again even if you can get it back up somehow.

Why, WHY do they design this as basically yet another teleporter / spawntube camp exit? WHY? What's with the sado-masochism?!

Last edited by Figment; 2013-02-01 at 08:36 PM.