PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Road map and why it doesnt work!
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
SwiftRanger
Private

Re: The Road map and why it doesnt work!

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
Forget Outfits for a second, a single (non-outfit) player who has played the game for 12 days (/played time) will have a better idea of the game mechanics than a single (non-outfit) player who has 1 day /played.
Sure but where do you put that treshold of "days played before being allowed to vote"? 12 days, 5 days, 2 days? I also don't think there are a lot of new players who are actively voting. Most votes are from folks who really follow the game's development and are heavily invested in it (time-wise). The casual new guy isn't interested in the Road Map, those players probably don't even know there is an official forum.

Again, this is all assuming that it is the vote count that's important which isn't if you read Matt Higby's tweets. The feedback itself in those threads is very useful, I'd say you all should still give it a shot of posting there. Your own posts with ideas might get a lot more (visible or not) approval than you think.

EDIT: only letting big outfit leaders vote/decide is asking for trouble for the smaller outfits and non-outfit players.

Last edited by SwiftRanger; 2013-02-04 at 08:48 AM.