PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Still balancing issues...
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
GTGD
First Sergeant

Re: Still balancing issues...

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
SOE balances around the average performance.

While the Magrider remains to be the tank that strafes away from most projectiles, most new players who haven't purchased lock on rockets are useless against them, and running up to one to C4 is a little harder...

If on average they're performing close to the same level as other tanks then that's how it's going to work. Should at a later point their average performance rise for whatever reason then it will be balanced then.

I don't mind about this method too much but it does feel like they're looking over other factors. Of course I don't think the Magrider needs its mobility nerfed, that mobility just doesn't seem to come with any trade off.
Cool I love playing games that automatically handicap the skilled players to make a "balanced" game. Especially when their creators are really adamant about rewarding skilled players and trying to make it a legitimate e-sport.

Oh wait, it's fucking dumb to distort balance in hopes of making sure the bad players feel good and don't get stomped by people better than them.