PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Updates
Thread: News: Roadmap Updates
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dragonskin
Major

Re: Roadmap Updates

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
I don't like it. People want to add ARs to heavy assault on the HA class update section. We can't have that being the only class people use to fight on the frontlines.

I would much rather see Combat Medic or Light Assault be the basic infantry grunt. Heavy assault seems like more of a tank-specialty class.
Except Engineers can repair vehicles and have 2 options for destroying vehicles through either the AV turret or anti-tank mines.

Heavies only have rocket launchers unless you count the AV grenade that is pretty much useless. Heavies are totally the front line fighter in this game.

Light Assault doesn't have any tools to be a front line fighter. They are a skirmisher or an ambush type class... if you see a light assault before he can attack you then chances are he is dead. If the Light Assault is mostly on the ground then he will probably die.. they have jumpjets for a reason.

Medics can totally be front line, but a lot of people see those medics and the greedy only out to heal themselves kind. They are effective though since they have the AOE heal that is almost like having a shield at time.