PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - GU06 Getting the Balance Pass: Scat Maxes + All Shotguns
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Dragonskin
Major

Re: GU06 Getting the Balance Pass: Scat Maxes + All Shotguns

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Yeah and all gunshots that connect should send the player to the hospital.
I gave justification - you get more of a mid range weapon and it now behaves more like the object many people are familiar with.

"Realism doesn't belong" is not just an opinion or poor argument it's flat out wrong. This game can't exist without adhering to some semblance of realistic physics and activities. If he doesn't like the proposal he should find an opinion he can justify and an augment with substance.
You don't set out to make a game realistic. You make a game balanced and entertaining. Video games are the suspension of realism. If the game was realistic you wouldn't be riding a ATV through a battlefield... like well.. Battlefield 3.

Shotguns are not made to be realistic due to game balance. Which is why myself and many others don't really feel shotguns belong in FPS games. They are either too weak or too strong because there are other weapons that already fill the mid range and close range roles. Sniper rifles are another weapon that is extremely hard to balance if you want to make them realistic. Realistically the sniper rifles would be a OHK to the chest, but they aren't because they have to be balanced around fun and entertainment.