PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hypergrip
Private

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Higby:
The ability to create "routes/paths/checkpoints" instead of just single waypoints would be great. Idealy the whole path would still be visible on the map, but the checkpoints you already reached are turnes light grey instead of orange/green/blue.

The decoy grenade is a joke right now. The fact that it doesn't create a radar signature limits its usefulness (silencers prevent you from showing up on the map, so something that deliberately makes loud noises should logically show up). Also - and I even hate that more than the radar thing - the sound the grenade makes are stupid. They are as "unrealistic" as it gets, that "burst fire pattern" is sooo easily identified to be fake, that I think most experienced players will fall for it less and less and less. My suggestion is to have the decoy grenade have multiple, more realistic sound patterns (one is selected when the grenade is thrown):
1.) "Full Auto" - Sound of a standard faction carabine fiering a whole clip.
2.) "Sniper" - Sound of the faction standard sniper rifle fiering. Chances are the enemy knows a infiltrator is nearby anyway, so this
3.) "Pistol" - Sound of the faction standard pistol. Here the burst fire from the current grenade might actually sound not too unrealistic.
4.) "Voice Recording" - Play fake "Need Ammo/Medic/Help" voice makros to make the enemy think there is an easy target for him.

The #1 "quality of life" thing that I think would make my life a LOT easier would be a dedicated Resupply key. When I am near a Equipment Terminal or Sunderer, often I just want to Resupply. However currently I have to use the Loadout Menu for that. Depending on how much is going on around me, opening the menu can take a couple of seconds. I lost count how many time the 5 seconds I waited for the loadout screen to show up actually got me killed... If I could simply press a different button and get resupplied without having to open any menues, that would be awesome.