Old 2013-05-24, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Zealot Maxes need rebalancing

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=EzkPj3liG8I
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ration.120615/

I've never seen it ingame myself and I have no idea if it's possible to do with the ZOE.
Atm. I do think that the movement increase and ability to switch it on and off instantly does make the ZOE too effective overall. But that's just my impression atm. and I'm still not used to fighting against ZOEs, so take it with a grain of salt.
What's glitched about the video in the thread? That's called strafing back and forth, there was no hit detection issue there at all. You could consistently see his center mass moving back and forth with no warping of any sort. There was nothing wrong with what video showed, apparently people just do not like strafing. I'd also like to point out that if that guy recording was shooting at that player, he wouldn't even have had to move his aim because he was on target 90% of that video without even moving. If that strafing player wanted to avoid being hit, he would have had to strafe farther, which makes his movement even more predictable.

The NiVX video makes me laugh, because that guy isn't even strafing. I don't know the term for it, but in Darkfall they called it squirreling. He was reloading, so he was sprinting while turning rapidly, which makes it impossible to guess which direction he's going to turn next. If you're not firing back strafing to avoid gun-fire is a horrible idea, you move too slow, the only reason to strafe is if you're firing back at the guy. If you want to avoid damage you're much better off "squirreling" than strafing. If you wish to complain about momentum go for it, but it's nothing to do with server lag, hit detection, or hit box location. There's a lot of issues with momentum in this game, like every vehicle, but there are 0 issues with hit detection and to adjust movement momentum to remove 'squirreling' tactics completely ruins games combat(See Darkfall: Unholy Wars compared to Darkfall1 combat discussions)