PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-30, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide

Originally Posted by zeropositivo View Post
But was PS1 like this at launch? I don't think so. I still think that PS2 has even more potential to grow than the first one. The more enjoyable phisic system, the more rewarding gunplay, paired with the pwetty looking engine (that does count too! People that simply handwave graphics as not important are not really in contact with reality. Those DO count) and the more interesting continent design, those are macro elements that require the most work to improve. Luckily, they are all pretty awesome already
ps1 changed a bit from release to now, but only a little. most of the things added after launch are disabled right now.
there were some improvements like the loadstar, that wasn´t in on launch, and the platoon system. at launch it was only one squad, and the platoon was added later.
also the advanced hacker and battle engineer cert trees were not complete at launch, but that´s it.
the game was more than 90% completed, while ps2 launched at around 10% and has come to about 15% in the first 6 months.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!