PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I posted some clarifications in the resource roadmap thread. Reposting here for your convenience:
Very excited to see/hear more about this idea, it really sounds like a step in the right direction and is even better than ideas I was hoping for

Love the solution of players only draining a base through their lack of resources slowly instead of large amounts due to vehicle purchases. I'm still unsure of what repercussions this could have though, but players can't see each others resources so there shouldn't be any trouble (ie "get out your draining the base")

I like the idea of resource mineral veins in interesting but more sparsely used terrain to spread out conflicts and give squads missions to secure them. The Ant could be a powerful hill climber and all terrain vehicle (unlike the sunderer) to give it an advantage at getting to these areas and avoiding tanks.

I have a few questions though:
  • How do players in enemy territory gain resources? If they don't I can see reasons for that, attackers should have pressure to take a base efficiently, as defenders will have the advantage of supply but have the pressure of the power level draining and the base becoming neutral.
  • Will warp-gates have a higher resource recharge rate or the same as a fully powered base?
  • Will different sized bases have different sized power pools?

Good Job Malorn and SOE Devs