PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-12, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Re: Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric

Thinking about it there's 2 main problems with a large zerg in one area.

Most of the time a good old foot zerg is fine. Unfortunately, zerg traffic (driving) can be a nightmare. Especially at gates. So problem one is a blockade of tanks, harassers and all the other stuff. Sometimes you can't even drive past because it's that bad and when you do, no one's driving out to back you up to make a push. It's all of them going out at once because of no resistance or some resistance and letting themselves become intimidated and bogged down, allowing the enemy to dig in.

Problem 2 is zergs are fine overall. Except when the zerg has nothing to fight. I came to this conclusion when my outfit rolled with a zerg and we came across an enemy zerg right away. I had gotten so bored of just going base to base with a zerg with little to no resistance and this time we just met them right away. I was actually quite pleased about that even though we lost.

So the problem isn't zergs but the lack of an enemy zerg to counter whichever zerg you're in to keep things interesting. Without that balance, it becomes simple base capping and steam rolling over the enemy.