PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Community Clash FC vs TIW
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-12, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Community Clash FC vs TIW

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
I am a fond believer that outfit synergy is > sheer player skill (e.g. stacking an outfit with high K/Ds).

I've known FC for nearly a decade. Not only do they have killers, they have synergy. That is a very dangerous combination.

There are really three things that win in planetside higher level competition:

1) Raw Skill, both support and offense
2) Outfit synergy (do you know your teammates, do they trust you? can you read their mind)
3) Leadership/Tactics. Do you have strong leaders who can keep cool and adjust the plan and outsmart the other team. (Can you predict the OTHER team and counter)

Every outfit has their strengths and weaknesses. Playing to your strengths is good, but you need balance the three things I mentioned above.
Which is why the result last night really shouldn't be that much of a surprise. To a player TIW might have some decent kill whores but on average FC is better. TIW have a decent ability to work together and can certainly stomp an unorganized zerg, but FC does this much better. Tactics that go without saying as well. FC having unsaid, unwritten ways of doing things in a group is pretty astounding. You take a bunch of guys that even if you play with them, and know they are not cheating you still wonder just how they kill so many so fast, THEN put them together in an organized group? yeah...