PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The resource system (planned revamp, ideas)
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-19, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Re: The resource system (planned revamp, ideas)

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
So, since the servers are still down, where do we go from here on?
I know the next big thing we desperately need is intercontinental warfare, but aside from "do et now!" and the questions how fighting for a WG and locking yes/no should work there is not really that much to say about it.

But then there is also this "resource revamp" i heard about.

So will the resource revamp be coming in a specified amount of time? Or will it be "soon"?
And what exactly are they planning to "revamp" here? Just the personal resources to acquire stuff? Or a "RTS" style resource system on a faction-wide basis with bases having resource pools, ANT runs and resource acquiring?
And what would you like to see?

To get things started, i would love as much "RTS" mechanics in this as possible, bases with resource pools that need to be refilled (maybe main bases having those pools and needing to be refilled from outposts), ANT runs, all that offers more variety in gameplay and makes you more immersed in a concerted war effort.
I am not sure how far that could work with PS2s maps and gameplay though.

The basics of the resource system as I understand it (Though that isn't enough for Mightymouser most days, so expect this to all be "Hogwash"), is as follows
  • Resources for each person will depend on the % of raw materials left in the silo
  • The silos are filled by Sundy's equipped with an Ant module
  • To get resources in the ant, the sundy will have to travel to fixed locations or randomly spawning resource drops to pick up resources and bring them back to the Ammo tower (Which now doubles as the silo)
  • The rate at which resources leave the silo are based on the number of people respawning at a base
  • The rates will be tiered, so when there are 1-12 people present it wont drain as fast as when there is 45+ people respawning at that base
  • Spawning vehicles doesn't drain from the main silo (By my understanding) the drain all comes from the number of people respawning
  • Your personal resources are going to have a fast recharge, but a small cap. So you will get resources quicker, but you can drain them very fast
  • If you own, spawn, or sit in a vehicle, you contribute to that vehicle's maintenance, so it takes a chunck out of your personal resources
  • You can pull as many vehicles as you want, but each you pull will continue to cut into your resource score, until you are incapable of spawning another, until some of the ones you spawned are destroyed
  • Your sunderer can take resources from enemy resource silos
  • Resources are local, not world wide. So if you have resources one place and leave, you wont have the resources anymore.
  • If you are an attacker, your resources are tied to the nearest connected friendly base. So If I am attacking Quartz Ridge from the south, my resources will be linked to the resource silo at Hvar South gate.

I am uncertain if it is Respawns, or if it's just the Number of people present... or what, that really wasn't specified if I recall correctly, but the idea here is to prevent one person pulling a tank, from causing another person to be prevented from respawning.

They are talking about neutral bases, but we never got a firm yay or nay on that one.

As to your original point, personally I am looking forward much more to the resource revamp than I am the continental lattice. Not because I don't want the continental lattice, but I see the resource revamp being much more important to bringing people back, and providing the game with a much needed energy.

Last edited by GeoGnome; 2013-11-19 at 04:28 PM.