PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - YouTube and Planetside
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-27, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chewy
Major

Re: YouTube and Planetside

I have FRAPS, and it is a hog. That one programs hunger is the main reason I ditched it for DXtory. FRAPS still has its uses I just find DXtory to be much better in 95+% of the cases I am recording gameplay.

If you can handle the hit FRAPS does to you it works wonders for it being simple, pre-cut up files, and not having to mess with anything detailed on the recording end. All audio is made into a single channel so that is easy as well. But FRAPS gives little control over what it records past everything at once. Having little control in the recording also limits your control in the editing.

DXtory though, once setup properly, has VERY little impact on anything with adding damn near full control. Not kidding, I loose at most 5-10 FPS when running DXtory in any game I record. Down side is that you NEED to setup DXtory right or it isn't going to be worth a damn. I play PS2 in 1080, but have to record in 720 due to my system tanking beyond that from either a bad setup or a sub-par HDD write speed. (think it's just the HDD, it isn't worth looking into though as 720 is great as is for YT)

My vote is for DXtory. $30-$35 and you get it for life last I looked and has a free trial like most recording programs. If you want, PM me and I can walk you into setting it up and even how to split audio channels for free (true free) that gives you up to 3 channels. I have one for game sounds, one for Teamspeak, and the last for my mic. That lets me adjust their levels and even remove them as needed without needing anything but DXtory.

If you need me. Shoot me a PM and I can send you my Steam ID so that we can talk in its chat. Or maybe Skype, but I only have it for a very rare need and am not to good with it.