PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - YouTube and Planetside
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-28, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: YouTube and Planetside

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
Hey, I'm thinking about starting a YouTube channel centered around Planetside 2, Battlefield, and Titanfall. I'm not looking for monetization, just to be more involved in the gaming community. Any tips from the youtubers out there? I'm looking at Fraps for recording and Adobe Premier for editing. I have a good mic and a beast rig (4770k at 4.5 with SLI 780s) and would be going for 1080p. I would probably do bi-weekly updates.

Still a maybe but I've been giving it some thought. Also, any topics from PS2 that people would be interested in seeing covered? (Map breakdowns, weapon reviews?)
If you don't intend on doing advanced editing, I'd recommend using Sony Vegas instead of Adobe, as Vegas is much easier to master.

Also, find one good Photoshop painter, one fella to co-edit with you and decide on what you want to include in your channel: funny stuff, serious stuff, news, machinima, advertisments, live streams and e-sport (a big hmmm here) broadcasts. Aye, and find a sponsor Advertising on YouTube is not cheap, but it's not really that expensive either.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2014-03-28 at 02:12 PM.