PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Give defenders some extra time if they manage a point reset.
View Single Post
Old 2014-07-08, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Give defenders some extra time if they manage a point reset.

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Dunno. I understand and empathize with the idea of punishing attackers for camping the spawn room in a frenzy to the point where they leave a cap undefended, but I think that this punishes them too much. Sitting around with your thumb up your ass because the cap timer still has three minutes to go and the fight basically ended 90 seconds ago is already a huge problem in the game, imo. Extending that wait by another minute because an infiltrator got lucky ten seconds before the base flips would be more unfun than punishing, I think.

If anything, I think the current timers for caps needs to be lowered, or at least tied to pop in a base (so that if the defender pop drops to 1-12 the timer instantly drops down to 30 seconds, or something). There are too many meaningless bases in Planetside 2 to warrant making them all more of a pain in the ass to capture.

lowered! The times are too low anyway. The times are at the root of one of the current problems with this iteration of the game. Caps mean nothing now, strategy means nothing, defence and resecures is mostly useless and the only reason when it's not is in part because of the stupid redeploy which at least allows hacked bases to be reinforced. Plus when you do put a hack on there is little to no tension that a resecure team will be on it's way because, if they do arrive in time, the speed of the attack vs defence timer means it's just as hard to resecure for defenders as it is for attackers to capture.

There is no tension!

There are too many bases, timers are too low, coordination is low, ghost hacking is rewarded ..... so many things.