PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Underperforming GTX 760
View Single Post
Old 2016-08-09, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TheMissingLINX
Private

Underperforming GTX 760

I had a HD Radeon 7790 and would play planetside 2 on medium graphical settings and would avhieve a good 70 fps in large battles or higher if i was playing on low. But I managed to fry that due to OC'ing while playing planetside 2. I then bought a GTX 760 which should outperform the 7790 by a good amount and found that whether i was on the highest, lowest graphical settings i would get 5-30 fps in large battles and about 40-60 in a completely un-populated area.

Drivers are up to date. I upgraded from windows 7 to 10. I have messed around with Nvidia control panel settings, I have benchmarked the gpu using Unigine engine on ultra settings and it scored 889, min fps: 7.6, max fps: 85.8.

I am currently running i5 4670 3.40GHz cpu and during gameplay its usage is at about 20-30% but may sometimes jump up to 70-100% for a few seconds. I am also running 8GB of ram.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the issue is. I am lending my 760 to a mate this week so he can see how well it runs on his system, just incase i bought a fried gpu. However it's highly unlikely that it is fried due to the benchmark score, i feel i've done something wrong.