PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Instant Action E-Sports and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Chewy
Major

Re: Instant Action E-Sports and PlanetSide 2

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
That's why I think PlanetSide 2 as a "spectator" e-sport on twitch could be bigger than actual tournies and ladders.
Agreed. Iv tried to get footage of good battles a few time, but never had anything turn out right. It was always just from my POV. A lone mans view of a massive battle. I shove my ass indoors when the armor comes or if Im not in a class to deal with the heat.

But, if (like you said) I had a free roaming cam Id be able to see the battle without being blinded by the fight. I vote on the god/observer cam being limited to a few that wont use it to help a certain faction. Maybe even have the cam a 100% of the time thing that needs an account with permission and takes its own character slot not linked to any faction (to let it enter any area and WG without the auto-kill happening). What it would take to get use of the cam would be up to the devs. Thinking about a simple application form that requires a YT/Twitch account, PS2 account, and another detail or 2 so that they could weed out most of the idiots and YT spammers looking for quick hits.

The cam would also let those with not so great PCs film things without FRAPS or the in game recorder affecting their gameplay.