PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfits need to be bigger on Miller
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-09, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Outfits need to be bigger on Miller

Hmm, I hadn't realized that the situation looked so bleak (I'm not a big numbers guy). Still though, I'm glad we're not afflicted with massive outfits because then it seems to become 'If you're not part of the outfit you're just wasting your time' (simply because at that point you're in the minority on your own faction) and the opposing faction has to use most of, if not their entire pop to focus on slowing down one opposing outfit.

The coordination and use of CR6 alliances seem, to me, to be a good compromise of this. For the most part each outfit can work together, or work separately and if we need coordination on a large scale we can run a TRAM Op.

I'm not sure where the idea comes from that Miller is some kind of server with a totally different skill set requirement from every other server out there. The only thing I can think of is that a majority of players can look at the map and 'see' how everything is flowing better than the average player on say, Connery or Mattherson (Those are servers that still exist right?). Thus reacting, responding and going more in depth on a strategic and, once they get there, tactical level.
It's simply summer and if I had to guess, a lot of people are out enjoying it or working their balls off so they've got money to do so. That natural downswing, coupled with a lack of retention among new players, although I have shot me a few BR 1/2/3's recently so that's promising, makes it look worse than it is.
Of course, that could also lead to a downward spiral so...

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast