PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SmedBlog: eSports Support
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Anabuki
Private

Re: SmedBlog: eSports Support

Originally Posted by super pretendo View Post
If there has to be vapid esports support, make it like the EVE alliance tournament. Outfits can sign up for a special event that happens every so often with predetermined rules and battle space.
This seems to be the best way to go about it. That way, outfits have to come up with their own tactics and strategies based off the current available equipment/stats/balancing, instead of the game changing to revolve around them. Having it only happen once a year also prevents the bitching and moaning when it comes to 'pub' vs competitive balance, but hopefully with good beta testing and initial balancing it should be kept to a minimum. Of course factions/servers can also hold their own smaller scale unofficial outfit tournaments, but the developers wont have to change the game around unofficial competitions.

I think EVE is one of the games the devs should look to in regards to e-Sports, even though it's not a particularly big thing for the average EVE player. As far as I know we'll be most happy with e-Sports as an option for those that want to participate, not as something we have an obligation to participate in if we want the best experience of the game.