PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
For now, Orbital Strikes are not planned at launch, but even if they do make it at live, what better target than the FOB? Also, if the players spread things out, the OS will not be able to hit everything. Given the resources that OS's are supposed to need for use, having you Galaxy blown up by one is fine.
I'm not really a fan of OSes in general (at least PS1's implementation) since I generally don't like the presence of easily used "I win" buttons in multiplayer games. But I won't be overly heartbroken if/when they make it into PS2.

That said, the potential issue I see with them is the balance between how frequent OSes can be used by one empire vs how much time and effort it takes to set up a defendable mutli-vehicle FOB. If it takes too long to set one up, or if the availability of OSes is too high, I can see people over time becoming discouraged such that elaborate FOBs stopped getting built because they think it's not worth the effort to set one up since it'll just get OSed anyway.

Plus I would think it both more exciting and more satisfying overall for all involved if a large assault of troops and vehicles was required to take out a FOB instead of just one guy sitting in front of a terminal pressing a few buttons to call down a storm of electric death from the sky.